Custom Search
Ask an Expert
IQ & Creativity Test
Ask a Question
Meet the Expert
Buyer's Guide
Gifted Child Books
IQ Testing Books

Associations for Gifted Children

By Inderbir Kaur Sandhu, Ph.D

Q: Is there any kind of organization which patronage the gifted children. any kind of development programs especially for them? If yes, could you be so kind to inform their addresses. Thank you.

A: There are many associations for gifted children that support gifted programs and activities, which are easily accessible from any search engines. The more established ones are the National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC) in many countries (e.g., USA:, UK:, state based associations (e.g., The California Association for the Gifted, Kentucky Association for Gifted Education, Texas Association for the Gifted and Talented, Virginia Association for the Gifted, Pennsylvania Association for Gifted Education, Indiana Association for the Gifted, Massachusetts Association for Gifted Education and many others), World Council for Gifted and Talented Children (, Hoagie's Gifted Education Page, The Australian Association for the Education of the Gifted and Talented, Davidson Institute for Talent Development, The National Research Center on the Gifted and Talented ... and the list goes on.

These sites provide helpful information on support and programs. If you have an association close to the place you live, you may want to consider joining as member. It is always helpful to have such resources, especially for parents. In fact, if there is no support for gifted children in your area, you may want to consider founding one with the help of a few others. I believe you will be able to get support from other associations if you have the initiative and rationale for having one in your area. Good luck in your search.


Gifted Children

Back to Ask an Expert - Gifted Children

Copyright ©2002-2021 by Hosted by BlueHost.
Privacy Statement :: Disclaimer :: Bookmark Us :: Contact Us